The governing body of Heath Lane Nursery School is made up of parents, staff, local authority representatives and other people from the local community who have an interest in early years education or who have specific skills to offer. The Governors have the responsibility for managing the school in general terms, but the Headteacher and staff make detailed decisions about the day to day running of the Nursery. We are very proud of the facilities, services and education provided by our committed and professional staff. We value the support that we receive from Professional Partners, such as speech therapists and Educational Psychologists who work, in partnership with us and parents, with specific children in our Nursery.
Our Headteacher, Hayley Yendell, came to us as an experienced and visionary Early Years teacher, with experience as an Early Years Adviser. Together with an experienced team of staff she is working to promote and develop child centred education in order to continue to raise attainment and improve achievement.
The Governing Body’s core responsibilities can be summarised as:
- Acting as a “critical friend” by being supportive and challenging
- Providing strategic management
- Ensuring accountability
- Promoting high standards of education and achievement
- Planning the long term future of our Heath Lane Nursery School
- Formulating our aims and policies
- Appointing senior members of staff including the Head Teacher
- Overseeing how the budget is spent