Menu
Home Page

The History of our Nursery School

OUR NURSERY

 

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND

Heath Lane Nursery School and Children's Club is in the Boxmoor Ward central Hemel Hempstead.

 

Originally, Heath Lane Nursery was known as Lawn Lane Nursery School. It opened on 2nd November 1942 to look after babies and young children whilst their mothers worked helping with the war effort.

 

In April 1946, the premises were taken over by the Education Department and provided full time education for children aged 2-5 years. The move to give more children the chance of Nursery education resulted in the school offering part time places in 1979 as well as a core number of full time places.  In 1989 the building was declared unsafe and a new school was built on its present site at Heath Lane in 1995.

 

THE NURSERY SCHOOL TODAY

Our purpose-built nursery school offers full and part-time nursery education for three and four year old children.   In addition, our Children's Club also is able to provide additional hours for three year olds.   The after school club is able to provide wrap-around-care and  children who attend are from our Nursery and South Hill Primary School.    The Children's Club also provides a holiday club during school holidays, apart from the Christmas period.  We have a dedicated team of experienced and committed teachers and Early Years Practitioners at our Nursery and Children's Club.  We provide a rich and varied curriculum and form excellent relationships with parents and carers.

The accommodation consists of a spacious well-equipped room with extensive grounds. We encourage opportunities for children to learn and play outside and we are very fortunate to have a Forest School trained member of staff, Mrs Melissa Haynes.

 
Top