- Parent Welcome Meeting (1MB)
Working with Parents
We know that parents are children’s primary educators. You are the experts when it comes to your child so working in partnership with you and your family is vital in ensuring that your child thrives here at Heath Lane Nursery.
We will endeavour to keep regular communication between us through the following:
- Weekly newsletters to inform you of what has been happening in the Nursery and events coming up
- Daily Information Board displayed outside which each groups daily activities. Available for viewing at drop off and pick up times
- A website with up to date information on all aspects of the school including signposting external websites and guidance where appropriate
- Opportunities at the beginning of each session to share information with your child’s key person
- Fortnightly parent “catch ups” where we will have a chance to share observations on your child’s interests/developments and perhaps concerns at home and at school
- A learning environment which will provide information on current learning
- Open sessions will take place where you will be invited to come in and share your child’s learning and find out more about strategies and resources currently being used to support your child’s learning
Gade Family Support
This local service offers great support to parents. The services are wide; they include sessions on all aspects of parenting and family life including advice on SEND/autism, debt management and housing. Do get in touch with any concerns/difficulties that you are having as there will be someone at the end of an e-mail/call who can help.
Hertfordshire Family Centres
The Hertfordshire family centre service are available to support with all aspects of parenting. The following link will support you with identifying the nearest service to you and will signpost you to services that they offer.
Family Lives is a national support charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life. They have a confidential helpline and provide guidance on all aspects of family life.
We really value feedback from all stakeholders. Please do take the time to inform us of your view of all aspects of the school via Parent View by following the link below:
What to expect, when
This document has been created to support parents to access the EYFS and understand the developmental bands. The document also includes simple ideas for ways that parents can support their child at home in each area of learning. Our staff will use this document with parents and carers to ensure that they are clear on how to access the information to support their child.
- What to expect, when? (3MB)