Menu
Home Page

History

OUR NURSERY

 

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND

Heath Lane Nursery School and Children's Club is in the Boxmoor Ward central Hemel Hempstead.

 

Originally, Heath Lane Nursery was known as Lawn Lane Nursery School. It opened on 2nd November 1942 to look after babies and young children whilst their mothers worked helping with the war effort.

 

In April 1946, the premises were taken over by the Education Department and provided full time education for children aged 2-5 years. The move to give more children the chance of Nursery education resulted in the school offering part time places in 1979 as well as a core number of full time places.  In 1989 the building was declared unsafe and a new school was built on its present site at Heath Lane in 1995.

 

THE NURSERY SCHOOL TODAY

Our purpose-built nursery school offers full and part-time nursery education for three to five year old children.   In addition, we also offer after school hours for children who attend  our Nursery, or Reception Class at South Hill Primary School, and a holiday playscheme during the school holidays, with the exception of the Christmas period and the last two weeks in August.

 

The Accommodation consists of a spacious well-equipped room with extensive grounds.  We encourage opportunities for children to learn and play outside and we are very fortunate to have a Forest School trained member of staff, Mrs Melissa Haynes. 

 

We have a dedicated team of experienced and committed teachers and Early Years Practitioners at our Nursery providing a rich and varied curriculum, whilst forming excellent relationships with parents and carers.

 

 
Top